ÌBÀ (Obeisance)

Obeisance is made 
To the uncreated creator 
Ìbà ooo Ìbà! 

Honour adoration and exultation dully made 
To the harbinger of my soul
The pilot of my ship 
Ìbà ooo Ìbà! 

I shiver before thy throne 
For I'm unworthy of thy grace
Therefore I bow before thee 
Ìbà ooo Ìbà!  

Tuale to the Apex being 
The Alpha of Alphas 
The yes to my prayers
The one that was, is and will ever be 
Ìbà ooo Ìbà!  

You, upon whose toes thrives the universe
I go dey give am for you Bàbá 
all the time
Ìbà ooo Ìbà!  Bàbá lókè Ìbà 

You upon whose thought I was conceived
Ìbà 
You, upon whose mercy I'll succed
Ìbà ooo Ìbà!  Olódùmarè Ọba ba gbogbo ayé Ìbà

I marvel at your awesomeness
Ìbà ooo ìbà 
Your work shudders at your feet
 Ìbà.



©Bello Abdul Ganiu Ajibola (Crying Pen)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPISODE 2 (Fire on the Mountain)